If you are not satisfied with the internet speed of your existing network, then it is advised that you perform Netgear extender setup in your home. Configuring a Netgear wireless range extender will help you gain access to a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection even in those zones that have no WiFi service.
Walk through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to perform Netgear extender setup using three different methods.
Setup Netgear Extender Using WPS Method
Take the help of the instructions outlined below in order to perform Netgear extender setup using the WPS or the WiFi-Protected setup method:
- Plug your Netgear wireless range extender into a power source and turn it on.
Note: Make sure that your Nighthawk extender is receiving an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply from its wall socket.
- Look for the WPS button on your WiFi device.
- Once found, press it carefully.
- Change the location of your Netgear Nighthawk extender.
Note: While relocating your extender, do not place near transmitting appliances, electronic devices, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces.
In this manner, you will easily be able to perform Netgear setup using the WPS method.
Whether you want to perform Netgear EX6100 setup or configure any other extender model in your home, this method will remain the same for all.
Setup Netgear Extender Using Manual Method
Follow the steps given below and get to know how to install a Netgear wireless range extender using the Manual method or the Netgear Installation Assistant:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a power socket.
- Press the Power button and get hold of an Ethernet cable.
Note: The Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Nighthawk extender and the wireless router should not be damaged from any point.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the extender and your home router.
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an updated internet browser.
Note: Whatever web browser you use, make sure that it is free of cache, cookies, and browsing history. Otherwise, you might come across technical issues in the future.
- In the address bar of your internet browser, type mywifiext.local.
- Press the Enter key.
Note: If you come across the mywifiext.local not working issue, it is recommended that you use the default IP address to log in to your Netgear range extender.
- Once you are on the Netgear extender login page, enter the default admin details.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will welcome you.
Note: In case you are not sure about the default username and password of your wireless device, refer to the user manual.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Once you are done performing Netgear extender setup using the Manual method, you can enjoy accessing a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection.
Setup Netgear Extender Using Nighthawk App
Last, but not least, you can also set up your Netgear wireless range extender using the Nighthawk application. Here is how you can do so:
- Unlock your mobile phone.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Note: If you are using an Android device, go to the Google Play Store, and if you are using an iOS device, go to the Apple App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Download button.
- Wait for the installation process to get completed.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Netgear Nighthawk application is getting installed.
- Create a Netgear account.
- You can do so using your full name, email address, and password.
- Thereafter, perform Netgear_ext login using the default login credentials.
- Once you are on the BASIC Home screen, follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: The steps displayed on the BASIC Home screen should be followed in the same order as they are given. Otherwise, you won’t be able to perform Netgear extender setup.
Bingo! With that, you will be able to be performing Netgear extender setup with the help of the Nighthawk application.
The Bottom Line
We our concluding our guide on how to perform Netgear extender setup using the WPS method, Manual method, and the Nighthawk app. We hope that you will be able to set up an extender in your home without any hassle.